LKT’s 2019 in review
As 2019 draws to a close, the LKTeam is taking this opportunity to look back on its achievements over the year. It’s been a bumper year of collaboration and CPD opportunities, awards, qualifications, and in-house initiatives – all within the framework of celebrating our 15th year in business. Below, we’ve created a list of what the year has looked like for the LKTeam – and compiled a few photos to illustrate!
Just ahead of the festive season moving into high gear, we want to express our sincere thanks to all our in-house team members, freelance partners and customers for everything they’ve done this year. It has been a fantastic year and we’re already looking forward to 2020!
• LKT’s main focus in 2019 was to recognise and celebrate our 15th anniversary, reflecting on our successes thus far and looking forward to future achievements
• We held 2 joint Team Days bringing together in-house staff and external partners for valuable CPD and exchange of dialogue, and created our LKTimeline
• Our in-house Team Days also continued, with the team getting together each quarter
• We said hello to Becca, our newest Trainee Translator
• We congratulated Siobhan, our Lead Translator, on winning the Association of Translation Companies‘ Translator of the Year Award at its annual Language Industry Summit in September
• And we congratulated team member Hollie on achieving AITI status with the Institute of Translation and Interpreting!
• We completed our annual surveillance audit for ISO 17100 audit, plus an initial audit with a view to recommendation for ISO 9001 (watch this space!)
• LKT exhibited at the ITI Conference’s first business showcase, represented by our Lead Translator Siobhan and Senior Translator Catherine
• Our team members also attended a range of other CPD opportunities, such as the ATC Summit, Industry 4.0 Rochdale, a Women in Localization event, the ITI’s SWATI event, ITI ScotNet workshops, and the ATC Networking Event in Leeds
• We also attended various webinars, including the ATC’s series focusing on readiness for Brexit
• Senior Translator Catherine paid a visit to a major customer in Germany, and Louise, our Director, also joined her on a trip to the customer’s UK base
• We were delighted to see Hollie’s name in print in the ITIgnition magazine for new translators
• We launched our CPD Store, containing materials for external partners and in-house staff…
• …and Hollie, Laura and Eveline had a big hand in launching our very own podcast
• Trainee Translator Becca gained her MA in Translation from The University of Manchester, being awarded a Distinction and departmental prize
• We made a major upgrade to one of our key CAT tools, modernising a key element of how we work
• We welcomed new customers on board and are looking forward to doing more work for them in the future…
• …and we added more freelance partners to our talented pool
• Vicky, our Business Development Assistant, saw her role expand to include project management and production planning tasks
• We added more posts to our blog and news pages, and contributed to industry publications
• And finally, we had a long-overdue update of our team photos – watch out for new pics on our website in 2020!